Project Management for Rope Engineering
Remember the last time you tried something new?
Gleistein is a technology leader in many areas: sophisticated constructions, quality-assured manufacturing, and the highest quality, modern raw materials. However, there is still plenty of potential for further development and true innovation in our products.
We want to tap into that potential to maintain our lead – with your help!
What we offer:
- A broad range of responsibilities in an innovative, sustainable, and future-oriented company
- Opportunities for personal development and encouragement to contribute your own ideas
- Comprehensive training in diverse and interesting tasks
- An appreciative, friendly working atmosphere
- Fair compensation and our extensive GeoBenefits (e.g. company pension plan, occupational health management, etc.)
- Our company fitness programme GeoFit
What you do
- Project management for rope development and optimisation in Bremen – and support for our location in Trencin
- Identification of development potential in the existing product portfolio and initiation of new product development projects according to current market trends
- Preparation of project proposals and internal management of funded projects
- Time, cost, and resource planning, risk assessment, and project progress monitoring
- Problem-solving in interdisciplinary teams
- Rope calculations and creation of construction series
- Development of suitable testing methods and their documentation
- Independent preparation of evaluations and analyses in reportable format
- Implementation of or participation in certification, supplier, and customer audits (internal/external)
- Support for the quality management department in handling complaints and external inspections
What you've got to offer
- Successfully completed studies (at least a bachelor's degree in textile or chemical engineering) or a comparable qualification
- In-depth experience in the analysis and interpretation of qualitative data
- Project management experience including calculations, documentations, and presentations
- Understanding of methods and standards of rope application systems as well as targeted solution development
- Profound technical and mechanical understanding
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in MS-Office
- Structured, independent, methodical, and pragmatic approach
- Team spirit
Gleistein… because we create perspectives!
We love ropes because they secure, move, and connect. Some are super thin, others as thick as a tree. There are ropes for climbing, sailing, moving, securing, lifting, and so on and so forth... Most of the time, we don't even notice that they are there – but their absence or failure would always be fatal.
The world's best fibre ropes are made by Gleistein. And that won't change, because we not only put all our knowledge and passion into their development, but also rely on the power of the future: on you!
Gleistein… because we build on a solid foundation!
Founded in 1824, Gleistein is Bremen's oldest industrial family business and just about to celebrate its 200th anniversary. That means we're here to stay! Gleistein's ropes are legendary for their extreme lifespan – because sustainability is a self-evident principle that has grown within us ever since and is not just a current trend. We process bio-based and recycled raw materials and save energy wherever we can.
Gleistein is continuously developing its products and solutions, and relies on ultra-light high-tech fibres with strengths far beyond those of steel wire.
Gleistein… because everyone is important!
In the Gleistein family, you are welcome just as you are! We stick together and create a world of connectedness that transforms differences into shared opportunities.
Do you want to join us?
We would love to receive your detailed and convincing application by email and welcome you as a new member of the Gleistein family soon!